TopBand: Heard 160 Reports

Jim Fenstermaker jfenster@hpux.mesd.k12.or.us
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 08:34:38 -0800

OK...I know you guys posting this information are just trying to get even
with us left coasters for our JA pipeline!

Have listened every morning at our sunrise (VK0 sunset) and not a peep from
Heard Island.  This morning, the packet spot at 1510Z said "VK0 qsying to
1826. We jumped on that freq and heard nothing; in fact, there was NOT A
SINGLE SIGNAL on the band...no USA, no VE, no KH6, no XV7, no JA, not even
the fishing net buoy id signals!

So we on the west coast must conclude that the information posted on this
reflector is bogus and is intended to drive us to 10 meters!  Fat chance!!!

73 Jim K9JF/7
The 160 disease has hit hard!