TopBand: Anybody everbuilt a "MULTEE" antenna?

Dave_K9NX n7ex@athenet.net
Tue, 01 Jul 1997 04:41:25 +0100

Well here I am, stuck temporarily in a two bed room apartment for two
months and dreaming and scheming of what antenna systems I might put up
later this summer once I close on the purchase of a 10 acre "farmette" out
in the country here in cheese head land (WI). With nothing to do but read
antenna books an antenna that I had seen before but ignored caught my eye.

On page 7-16 of the latest ARRL Antenna Handbook is an antenna dubbed the
"MULTEE". As is often the case in the ARRL ant books the description of the
antenna is minimalistic and no data on its performance. The antenna is
basically a top loaded folded T antenna on 160 with the added perk that it
performs as a dipole on 80 albeit a relatively low one.

Anybody out there ever built one of these? Did it actually work on both
bands? How hard was it to tune? What was the 2:1 VSWR bandwidth on 160? on
80? How many and what kind of radial system did you use? etc etc

Direct E-mail replies only and I will summarize to the reflector
Thanks
Dave
K9NX (ex N7EX & N0DH)
n7ex@athenet.net