TopBand: Slinky Beverage

W2pm@aol.com W2pm@aol.com
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:07:07 -0400 (EDT)

I am brand-new to the topband reflector so please excuse this if this subject
was recently covered.

Does anyone have any experience with a slinky beverage?  Several local DXer;s
here report good results with 5 larger size (there is a small diameter
version too) soldererd together and attached to a 9:1 balun.  Some of the
local guru's here doubt it would function as a pure Beverage since it would
be physically linearly short (coiled up tho it is still 560') BUT in my view
there really is no such thing as a pure "Beverage" on any band below 600
meters since the waveangles are always low higher in freq like 1.8 and cant
arrive purely vertically like they do up on 600 and above.

This antenna should behave like a 1 wavelength long end-fed wire and when
terminated should provide the expected directivity. Any opposing views to
this?

73 Pete, W2PM

 ///   Visit my Web Page at:
  http://members.aol.com/pmalvasi/keypix/pete.html ///