TopBand: allocation

PEMS_ST_DK@noeca.ohio.gov PEMS_ST_DK@noeca.ohio.gov
Sun, 09 Mar 1997 10:30:04 -0500 (EST)

I must agree with W8JI about the allocation situation.   It has always been
strange that 160 has NOT had any attempt to set up a reasonable band plan.  I
suspect the ARRL has not been interested in it because it is  a)seasonal
b)out of sight out of mind c) the amateur community hasn't put pressure on
them.

I would wonder though if we had a digital segment and RTTY and the like show up
and follow the same pattern as on20 and 40 we could have a mess at the
intersection of the current window- RTTY, AMTOR, SITOR, BACKDOOR-etc.
This deserves much serious thought before we demand something.

FWIW
73 Dan
W8CAR
mom always said "be careful what u wish for....."