TopBand: Lowfers?

Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith ve9aa@brunnet.net
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 01:55:47 -0400

Not exactly a 160m question, but are there any Lowfers on here?
And I don't mean the type that lay around the house or wear fuzzy
slippers into the livingroom.  I am referring to guys/gals that
operate w/o a license on 160-190Khz with low power and a 50'
antenna feedline combination.  I would like to find out a little more
about this band and what is capable on it with that setup.
(As if 160m wasn't challenging enuf!!?)

If that proves to be too easy (chuckle) maybe we can try to make some
QSO's into the UK on their new 73 Khz band.  That should prove
to be more challenging than working them on 2m, but that's a subject
for another reflector, hi!
KUTGW Bill/w4zv
(keep up the good work)

de MIKE/ve9aa