TopBand: N6TR report

Larry Tyree tree@lady.axian.com
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 06:57:26 -0800 (PST)

Wasn't able to spend a lot of time on the band last night, but except
for a QSO with SM5EDX around 0320Z, things sounded pretty dead.

This morning, it was nice to exchange reports with VK6HD with a great
signal at 13:48.  Mike was on 1832.2.  YB0ARA was on around the same
time (as predicted) on 1827.  And ZL4WA called a few CQs on 1830.6
around 13:57.  KH6AT was lurking on the band as well.

For those of you collecting fishing nets - 96W125 was good copy
around 14:30 on 1909.1 and JA8ARA could be heard at the same time

Worked XU6WV on FOURTY meters with a VERY strong signal at 14:40.  Mike
said "hope to do better on 160 next year", so I guess his attention won't
be focused on 160 for awhile.

Banner week for QSLs - received YS1RRD from W3HNK and HR3/K9BG has a
very colorful card with two birds on the front (one of them is his
wife).  The post-its on the wall now read 152 and 140.

Also - have recevied another TS-850S - I will take a few more pictures
of the RX antenna mod and get them printed, then on the web for those
who were asking.  Give me about 2 weeks.

73 Tree N6TR/7
tree@contesting.com