TopBand: Help: Weird TS940 problem

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:35:15 EST

This has been driving me nuts! It goes into oscillation on TX but only on
160M. It works fine above about 2115KHz.

When it is oscillating the TX relay is constantly chattering and the PA
stage current jumps way up.  With the relay bypassed and the output going
right from the PA/LPF to the SO-239 it works fine.

- Swapped relays
- Swapped PA's
- Checked diodes, caps, RFC's on the RF board associated with that relay
circuit.

It seems that every other problem with a 940 is PLL related I wonder if
this is also?
Any suggestions?

Tnx...Carl   KM1H