TopBand: 160m dinner at Dayton

Garry & Yelena ni6t@best.com
Wed, 21 May 1997 14:04:34 -0700

I am sure I express a unanimous view about the 160m dinner at Dayton on
Friday evening--it was great fun, again!

Bob, K4UEE's excellent presentation on topbanding from VK0IR was a
terrific addition to the cameraderie of the occassion. I think most of
us hope that will start a tradition of topband presentations at the
dinner. Bob's tenacity on Heard directly resulted in topband QSO's for
many of us.

Kudos to W8UVZ for putting it together! I appreciate how hard it is to
get a place that time of year. My only suggestion would be to start the
ball rolling early enough next year to obtain a spot where we could all
mill around, cocktail-party style, before being seated. This would
facilitate conversation and getting to meet and greet more of the guys.

It was a great turnout. I sat with the Swedes, and next to SM0AGD. Eric
is, of course, a seasoned and skilled DXpeditioner who is now expressing
increased interest in Topband. This is good news! Eric attended
specifically to garner knowledge on the subject. It was particularly
exciting for me because Eric has operated from Canton Island, a place I
very much want to activate on topband.

I enjoyed meeting with all of you--a great end to a most interesting
season.
--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
Editor, "The DXer," newsletter of the NCDXC