TopBand: 160 One way Propagation

Doherty, Robert Robert.Doherty@fmr.com
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:25:00 -0500

On 11/4/97   at about sunset at my QTH (2120Z) we copied SM6MCW calling
CQ... called him several times ...but no reply...
He then worked:
OH2MI @ 2125Z,
VK6HD @2130Z
DS5RNM @ 2134Z

We could copy BOTH sides of the QSOs, even VK6HD, we checked and the
time at VK6HD was 10:00 AM LOCAL !!!!
He had been in full sunlight for at least four hours !!!!

Also copied calling CQ were:
DJ7AA @ 2145Z
OZ1CTK @ 2148Z
OZ3PQ? @ 2149Z
SV2AUP? @ 2150Z
We called these and other EUs calling CQ but NIL.

Copied also was GW4VEQ @ 2206Z - CQ ASIA

Also during this period we copied many EUs were calling the 9U5, but we
could not copy the 9U...
We worked G3SED @ 2153Z, he said we were strong and that he had heard us
calling the other EUs who did not reply...
We have always thought that 6 meters was an odd band but 160 tops it...
Copying a VK6 four hours after his sunrise.... does anyone have a
rational explaination for this ????

73   Whitey   K1VV