TopBand: Post sunrise opening

Greg Smith gsmith.rdi@reutech.co.za
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 07:48:13 +0200

Made it into the shack before sunrise (0258z, tnx Earl) this morning.  Some
stations calling someone I couldn't hear on 1828.

Went to 1825.5 to call CQ.  First back was Bill, K0HA, 1 min AFTER SR.
Then came K8ND, K3NL, N4SU, W4DR, N4VV, NX0I, K4XR, W4NBL. (Plenty QSB on
this one)

The latter was at 0314, a full 16 min after sunrise.  This is the first
time that the big switch hasn't been pulled by 5 min after SR in my short
experience on the band.  From the talk on this reflector, others have had
the same experience in the last day or so.

Then worked a dozen or so stations on 80m SSB until 45 min after SR.

73 de Greg, ZS5K.