TopBand: polarization

km1h @ juno.com km1h@juno.com
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:33:33 EST

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 07:18:29 +0000 w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
writes:
>> From:          Carl and Vicky <k9la@gte.net>
>
>Hi Carl,
>
>> And remember that the polarization arriving at the receiving end on
>160m
>> depends heavily on the direction of the wave relative to the earth's
>
>> magnetic field, and has very little to do with what polarization was
>
>> transmitted.
>
>I'd like to remember that, but I don't understand why that would be
>true. I do understand the part about the polarity not being dependent
>on the transmitters polarity, but not why the polarity is claimed to
>be fixed by the earth's magnetic field.
>
>Could you explain why that would be true?
>
>73, Tom W8JI

Neither do I understand that Tom. But I will beg no real knowledge of
what goes on up in the whatever o'sphere.
If the Beverage were indeed polarization sensitive, and not elevation
angle, would it not then show a 20dB or more rejection of the
horizontal??
After all, VHF and above and satellites use polarization sensitivity to
great advantage.

Color me confused....again.

73  Carl   KM1H