TopBand: Good Eu open

S. Watanabe JA0DAI ja0dai@ba.mbn.or.jp
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:07:48 +0900

Against Tree's report, we have been enjoying good
Europe opening for these three days here in JA.
It was extraordinary fine yesterday (2100Z 11/12),
I heard GW3YDX running S-7, GM3POI, G3NKC and other
UKs, usually the northern path is dificult and they
are far/deep Europe from JA.

The lower band was crowded with many European stations,
and of course much more QRMM in a narrow JA band.
In this case, an european stations had better specify
his listening real vacant frequecy with order of 0,1kHz
like 8.8 or 11.3.
Maybe more than 5 stations appointed 1911 this morning,
which is one of most popular frequencies,
made each QSO rate slow or wrong one way QSO.

No stations is heard from Middle east, Africa and Asia so far.
I don't know this is due to the propagation or activities
from these parts of the world.

I hope this good conditions will hold through this weekend,
but it is not likely to last such a long time usually, is it?
73, Watt, JA0DAI (also WR3W)