TopBand: Band Condx 20/21 in GM-land

Graham Mercer G.Mercer@btinternet.com
Fri, 21 Nov 97 16:55:01 GMT

Greetings all ...

The band was in superb shape in Bonnie Scotland fm early evening
(20th) at least until I collapsed at 0200/21st!

ZS6UT was 589 at 2052z calling CQ ... Had brief QSO, then let him
go to work more DX, but he called CQ several times afterwards with
no takers.

Later, between midnight and 0200z managed 34 QSOs with 20
different states and 2 Canadian call areas, highlights of this wee
session being:

0009z  K5TT   (OK) ... JIM
0051z  N5IA    (NM) ... MILT
0053z W0AH  (CO) ... ??
0108z N0JK    (KS) ... JON
0127z K5QY   (TX) ... DICK
0130z WT9Q  (WI) ... ??
0136z AD6C   (CA) ... FRED
0143z W0EK  (MN) ... BOB
0200z K7CA   (NV) ... VERN

The band seemed to be open to all areas of the US around
0100-0200z, so thanks to all for a very enjoyable spell ! .... XYL came
into shack at 0200 and dragged me off (protesting!) to bed ... Well I
was due in saltmine at 0700!

Rig: FT-990 + small amp (250w)
Ant Tx: Sloping dipole, 123ft west end, down to 25ft at east end, fed
open wires
Ant Rx: Simple low wire 132ft long @ 8ft high running W-E and MLB

73 & good huntin'
GRAHAM / GM4BES +