TopBand: DC Ground and Elevated Radials

Jeffrey Maass jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 16:40:45 -0400 (EDT)

I'm just a font of questions recently!

I recently read something that suggested that a few elevated radials with
an on-ground radial system could be better than either alone. If anyone
can point me to tha article or posting, please send it along!

Can elevated radials be grounded at the base of the vertical as well? I'm
building a copper ring around the base of my vertical, and had planned to
ground the ring, and possibly to re-deploy my 80 100-foot radials as
Winter closes in. Will doing this negate any usefulness of the elevated
radials?

Thanks!

Jeff Maass       (jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio K8ND
      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
      25000 Members in 2000!

 -
 ---