TopBand: VK9LX Lord Howe Is

VK9LX watchman@tig.com.au
Tue, 07 Oct 1997 21:29:27 +1000

Dear TopBanders, DXers and Contesters,

No doubt you are already aware of the upcoming DXpedition to Lord Howe
Island  VK9LX ( Nov. 23rd - Dec. 1st / CQWW CW Contest) by K8RF and
myself. Our aim is to be on low bands before the contest as much as
possible, particularly 160m.

Due to the cancellation of the 3C0 expedition we have an opportunity to
borrow the Battle Creek Special. Our many thanks to George, W8UVZ, and
Ted, N8GZ, for making this possible. Without the BCS your chances to
work us would be very slim. ( Thanks also to Oceania DX Group and VK4FW
for making available their A3SDX Cushcraft beam ).

Unfortunately, we are faced with both time and financial constraints in
our effort to get the Battle Creek Special antenna to Lord Howe. The
time problem has been solved thanks to a friend of ours in the airlines
who has agreed to go to Detroit, collect the antenna, bring it back to
Sydney and then take it to Malaysia in time for the G3XTT  Spratley
expedition ( an all up trip of some 40,000 km ). This trip will cost
approx. US$500.

As the Lord Howe DXpedition is without any commercial sponsors our
budget is already stretched to the limit. For this reason I appeal to
you, my fellow ham friends, for any monetary donations that you may be
willing and able to provide. Any amount. Every $ helps.

Please send your donations to:	Lord Howe Island Dxpedition  VK9LX
						Nick Hacko
						P.O Box 730
						Parramatta NSW 2124
						Australia
or you can contact me on tel +61 2 9891 1470 or email
VK9LX@watch4you.com

The above address may also be used as QSL route.

A list of all donors will be prepared and mentioned on this reflector.

Thanks in advance to all of you for your support and good wishes!

Nick, VK2ICV (VK9LX)
PS.  Isn't it amazing how the call signs of those who contributed are
always on top of the pile up ?!  :-)

 -
 ---