TopBand: regarding condx

Robert Kile midnite2@concentric.net
Tue, 07 Oct 1997 21:26:22 -0700

Dave_K9NX wrote:

> At 05:11 AM 10/7/97 -0100, David Blaschke wrote:
> >Sunday night local time, I could hear the west coast gang having a field day
> >with Europe. Absolutely nothing heard here near the Texas gulf coast. on
> >top-band (except the usual QRN). It seems a more polar path was the
> >preferred route. I've seen this on occasions through the years for the low
> >bands, but not often.
> >
> >73, Dave - W5UN                                                w5un@wt.net
>
> Dave et all
>
> Same here in the upper midwest (WI) . Could here the west coast knocking em
> dead and not a peep here most of the time. As a recent transplant from the
> left coast ( old call N7EX) I can tell you it is usually the other way around!

La Group,

Here in Las Vegas we were on somewhat the fringe of big EU opening. SM4CAN had
huge signal peaking S7 or so. This is a superb signal level for us Big City folks.
He started rolling in around 0300UTC or so. At any rate was interesting to hear so
many EU but not work them. I'm afraid the signal were not reciprical from the
southwest.

73

Bob, KG7D

 -