TopBand: Beverage Rx characteristics

Larry Menzel lmenzel@millcomm.com
Wed, 08 Oct 1997 22:52:36 -0600

Listophiles,

Well the jury is in.  The verdict:  Higher angle signals, such as those
experienced during late morning openings to VK/ZL and the like, often come
in too high and in a more vertical plain, thus obviating the usefulness of
the beverage antenna.

Higher angle signals will do this.

Seems many of us have strange stories about recieving on 160, some even
report haveing better receive using their yagi beams!  Different
conditions, different circumstances.  All lead to the conclution that you
listen where you can hear the best.  Sometimes that's your bev, sometimes
your tx antenna, sometimes your bedsprings.

Thanks to all who responded to my query regarding the rx characteristics of
the beverages.  I reallllly enjoy the helpful, courteous and straighforward
Thanks for the info, and I do ejoy your comments, reports and input.

Larry Menzel, N0XB
Northfield, MN

 -
 ---