TopBand: Boring report

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:30:21 -0700 (PDT)

I had almost posted a message saying that the ZL beacons that
I have previously referred to were QRT.  However, this morning
the one on 1818.5 was joing by another down the band a couple of
kiloHertz and they were as strong as I have ever heard them.

This is maybe a couple of s-units above the noise with CW filters.

So, the band was in good shape to the south pacific this morning
(around 1400Z just before sunrise).  However, there was no
activity heard.  N5KO and myself acted like beacons with no

Yesterday morning, UA0FDX and YB1AQS were active around the same
time.  Joe (AQS) was peaking a couple of S-units above the noise.

There have been no Europeans heard since the great opening last
Sunday evening (Monday morning UTC).

I think the two good openings we had so far was just to make sure
the Topband Disease symptoms were in full force at the start of the
season.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com
 -