TopBand: FH/DJ2BW on 160?

Chris R. Burger crb@nanoteq.com
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 09:04:32 +200

K8ND wrote, plaintively:
> What's the story with this station? I've seen only one spot on 160 (VE1ZZ
> reported him 11 October at 0100Z on 1.830: I couldn't hear him), and
> precious few on other bands so far.
>
> They are to be there until the 22nd: is Topband a priority for them?

He is (they are?) on 160 regular as clockwork, according to the
Webcluster.  Some of the spots were close to his sunrise, which
should be the best time for the US.

I'm not sure how big the signal is, but he works Europe every night
in fair numbers.  I'm subject to very heavy QRN, and have not had
comfortable copy but did manage to make it into the log.

Apart from 160, he has been active enough on the high bands that I've
wondered about the validity of my original assumption--that he is
single-op.

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ
 -