TopBand: Sunny QSO

Bill Hohnstein k0ha@navix.net
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 21:06:55 -0700

Early 17 Oct was the best day of my not yet month old season on 160.
  Working RK3PA must be a good sign to look for--worked him early on
the second best night as well.  After Mir worked some 1's, we worked
at 0224z.  Mir didn't have many callers in his next half hour CQing.
  Worked many of the others already mentioned plus EU6AU at 0453...
  At 0520 I worked DJ7MG the first time.  We exchanged 579's.  He
called me again at 0602 (I show Bernd's sunrise at 0550).  He
was 559 then...  I thought that this good!  Then at 0646 I heard a
weak caller--it was DJ7MG again!!!  We talked until about an hour
after his sunrise.  I gave him a 449 then...
  I still heard some G's but decided that it was time for sleep
shortly after 0700 having to get up at 1120z...

73,  Bill     K0HA