TopBand: band conditions saturday morning

Luis Mansutti IV3PRK luisprk@tin.it
Sat, 18 Oct 97 12:32:23 PDT

IAA18486
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

Jeff,
when your signal is so weak it means that the band is in a very poor shape !
I wonder if you were in NY state or in your Cape Code QTH using the diamond
4-square array.
In order to get an idea on the band conditions, I let you know that my TX
conditions are allways exactly the same, night after night, since many
years; I can switch receiving antennas (mostly using the 4-square phased
vertical array) but have only a trasmitting one, a shunt-fed tower with 4
elevated radials; even the power is allways the same (600 Watts) as I don't
work any other band and the linear is fixed tuned on 1832 !
Jeff, congratulations on your 288 countries confirmed, great!, but which is
your ( and W4ZV) missing zone ?? It seems that John K9UWA is the only one
with 40 zones in the States: I am interested on 160 meters propagation
conditions and so I am wondering on that situation, as I see that you work
allways all we can work here from Europe, plus most of the Pacific area that
we cannot reach.
Waiting for your 160 meter book, best 73

Luis IV3PRK <luisprk@tin.it>