TopBand: W3LPL Beverages etc.

Bernie McClenny bernie.mcclenny@mail.wdn.com
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 05:25:15 +0100

Hi Larry,
Funny your timing on this message.  I read it worked ON4UN then heard
you work ON4UN.
I think you know that I am Franks (W3LPL) next door neighbor.  Frank and
some helpers just
put up 8 beverages last week.  This years flavors are as follows.

Pair of phassed 580 foot NE
580 foot single NE
440 foot single NE
220 foot single NE
580 foot single E
580 foot single S
580 foot single W
580 foot single NW

Frank just hooked up the pair of phassed 580 foot beverages to the NE
about 2 hours ago
to one of my 3 hardline connections that run into the (W3LPL) shack.
The four square
is not hooked up yet but will be by Friday 23:59Z.  I am however using
one of the 4
verticals (tower).  When I worked ON4UN today he was 589 on the
vertical, and 549 on the
phassed beverages.  Tonight was a little noisy (QRN) here in the center
of Maryland.  The
signal to noise ratio was far better on the beverages.  Last season I
observed when it was
a quiet night the 4 square was as good as the beverages.  However if
there is any noise what-so-ever
the beverages out performed the 4 square as far as SNR.  The four square
is a very nice receiving
antenna.  de Bernie

--
Bernie McClenny, W3UR (ex WR3E, WB3JRU)