TopBand: zone 2 - Zone 2 - ZONE 2!!!

K1ZM@aol.com K1ZM@aol.com
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 23:15:43 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy!

For the VK boys and others who have asked, John WB2K,  is now QRV from VE2QRZ
in Northern Quebec -  Zone 2.

I spoke with John tonight around 2230Z and advised him that a number of VK
still needed Zone 2 on 160M.

He said he will be QRV the next three days from 1000z - through his sunrise
which is about 1118z.

He will look around 1815Khz +/-.  John advises that his CW is not great - so
pse QRS and send reports ONLY.

I am not sure how well John knows 160M, so I might suggest you folks CQ
 slowly on 1815 and hope that he hears you - from 1000 onward.  Then he might
answer if he hears something.

John's setup is an FT1000/Alpha 87A and a dipole at about 50 feet I think he
said.

It is worth a shot!

Good Luck to those who need him.

His call up there again is VE2QRZ.