TopBand: North west coast feeding frenzy

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:13:23 -0700 (PDT)

I have been asked to change the name of my reports.  This is getting
embarrasing...  My wife is starting to believe this band is never
going to go "dead".

Another 22 or so Europeans in the log last night.  This brings
the total QSOs with Europe in the last week to over 100!  I have
never before experienced such consistent conditions to Europe ever.  With
the exception of last Friday night (Saturday morning UTC), the band
has been wide open every evening for the last week.

I started where I left off - with a QSO with DJ7AA just after sunset
(0130Z).  Instead of a fizzle around 04Z, things really picked up.
Finally forced myself to turn off the radio around 0600Z when GW4VEQ
was "only" 559.

The big signal award last night goes to OH3ES.  When he was working
KV0Q - the S-meter went up higher when OH3ES was transmitting!  Nice
to hear JW5NM back on the band.    Speaking of Jacks - KH6CC seemed to
be getting into SM land as well.

When will it end???  Probably around 00Z on Saturday.

Tree N6TR/7
tree@contesting.com