TopBand: ZJ Beverage Box MAR3 MMIC Replacement?

km1h @ juno.com km1h@juno.com
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 18:58:41 EDT

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 15:44:36 EDT W0AH <W0AH@aol.com> writes:
>Thanks K0CS for the info that the ZJ Beverage Box uses a MAR3 MMIC,
>which are
>quite inexpensive .

Wrong info Doug. Your ZJ "thing" has a MAR-1 in it according to ur
number.
Owners have found at least 4 different MAR MMIC's so far. NOT
interchangable without changing bias resistor either.

As discussed here at length a month or so ago, the choice of device PLUS
the matching xfmr in the ZJ box makes it an all around poor choice for
Beverages. Nice and cute toy but no good for real world use.
Suggest you check the Archives for comments by users, W8JI, myself, etc.

73   Carl  KM1H

  I thought I had a MAR3 around here, but can't