TopBand: 160 dx

Michael Bazley mbazley@omen.net.au
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 09:38:29 +0800

Greetings All, October 24th. Funny sort of cndx in our evening, 1100/1330z,
with only KV0Q and K0HA heard. The noise level only round the S1 mark and at
time wondered if the ant. was connected. The skip was shorter than usual and
was lucky to get N4BQW/KH5, KL2A/KH6, KH8/N5OLS and ZL7AA in the log. V85EA
was on 1824.7 but only working into JA. No luck with Mats, 5X1Z, heard
weakly the past 3 days. This morning, 2040/2143Z, a little more QRN but by
2100z the band was open to Europe and later 22 Europeans were in the log.
Sunrise was at 2125z and 30 minutes after sunrise stations such as DJ7AA
could still be copied. It will be interesting to see if the cndx are still
around 24 hours later. To all who gave me a QSO, many thanks. 73 es dx de
Mike VK6HD