TopBand: Oh my aren't we sensitive.

James S. Danehy w9vne@fuse.net
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 07:35:37 -0500

Paul Erickson wrote:

> > I do not want to fan the flames about comments made toward USA
> > operators. However when I see insults based upon my citizenship I
> > believe I have a right to let the other person know he is insulting a
> > large group. I wish the Canadian no ill will. Many of us have paid a
> > high price for our citizenship. To have someone say that we are
> > "obnoxious bastards" (an American comment..shame on you ) certainly is
> > their right to free speech. My QSL card happens to be a US flag.
> > Arrogance does not become anyone. Do not disparage my country ! That
> > type of comment is not what this reflector is about.
> >
> > 73
> >
> > Jim W9VNE

Paul...Your judgmental attitude is clear. Ugly American..yea I wont win
any beauty contest. I am patrotic...My point was simple and I will quit
after this post...the original comment needed no reference to any
nationality. Someone said that there were mean comments on this
reflector. That is too bad. I think your comment was not mean. How can
you judge someone as you have ....insecurity...gawd ? Hey fella this is
a hobby....

hit your delete key more often.

Jim W9VNE