No subject

Peter Chadwick Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 16:28:47 -0000

Craig, K4XR says:

> On 40, signal levels are probably equal on both
>ends, but the Europeans have a much higher noise floor and our noise
>floor is still at essentially daytime levels.

I haven't operated on 40 much in the US, but out in California (nr Santa
Cruz), both the noise floor and mid evening  QRM level made it sound
like a dead band compared with Eu. Even up in NH, it was still a lot
quieter with less activity, at 2200EST in November, compared with Eu. I
suspect that on 160, the QRN is possibly worse, though - after all,
Murphy Rules OK?

73

Peter G3RZP