TopBand: Capacitors for Shunt Feed

Harold Smith price.smith@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 23:23:36 +0000

Hello George:

I had the exact same happen. I used some ceramic caps in the match and the
SWR changed. Also I had some air-varibles and the plates warped until they
touched. I changed to 2X 500pF x 7.5kV vacuum varibles in my Omega match for
the tower and they work fine. It is interesting how much current is flowing
in the match with 1500 watts, many amps !!

Merv and I trying to get the BY trip in order, will let you know what is
going on.

BY1QH is doing a lot of 2 meter EME now. I just sent them bearing to support
their mast in high winds. David BZ1BM is really getting active. It should be
a good time there for Merv and I operating on 160. They have a dipole, full
size at 100 ft, for top-band. I think we can put up a beverage to North America.

Please say hi to George and Charlie. We sure had a great time at Jim's K9RJ.

73 es CUL de Price W0RI and also for Merv K9FD....