TopBand: Boring Report -N6TR

W0AH@aol.com W0AH@aol.com
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 02:35:02 -0400 (EDT)

Conditions similar here to those reported by Tree last night and this
morning.  Heard my first European of the season through the continued strong
QRN.  DF2PY was peaking Q3 here, but, with QSB, was mostly, Q zero, so I
decided not to call him.  I listened on 40M and the Europe was way down
compared to the last several nights.  Guess the 160M gods didn't get the info
on the A/K index!
This morning was fairly quiet but I heard nothing at all from VK or JA.
 Thought that was strange.
QUESTION...I ran a radial wire from my 160M vertical about 130' to my Hytower
vertical which is resonnated on 20, 40 and 80.  I connected the radial from
the 160M tower to the base of the Hytower where I have several thousand feet
of radials connected.  Was this a good idea???????  Has the Hytower radial
system now become a significant part of my 160M vertical radial system and
vice versa in regard to lowering radiation resistance? The Hytower and its
radials are SSW of the 160M vertical.  Do the Hytower's radials mainly help
in that direction in regard to lowering the angle of radiation of the 160M
vertical?   Can I now skimp on adding more radials to the 160M vertical (I
presently have 24)?   Sooo many questions!

Doug  W0AH  Colorado