TopBand: 160 Propagation and NOAA/WWV indices

Bill Tippett btippett@CTC.Net
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 07:40:29 -0400 (EDT)

At 08:24 9/16/97 +0000, ZS5K wrote:

>I was about to ask whether I had missed something, being a newcomer
>to the band, as I also see very little correlation between SFI and
>condx.  As Pete says, a higher A index seems to enhance propagation
>in some instances.

I agree.  The main reason I follow and post the NOAA forecast is for
the A and K indices...not the SFI index.  One subscriber suggested
that the forecast is not worth posting and I would like your feedback
as to whether you want me to keep doing it or not.  Please reply to
me directly at btippett@ctc.net with a simple "Yes" to keep it or "No"
if you want me to drop it.

73,

Bill  W4ZV