TopBand: ground losses and "Magnetic" radiators

Jim Henderson jhenders@zianet.com
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:58:17 +0000

>Jim,
>
>Sorry to have taken so long to get back to this.  I've been very
>busy here at work and traveling much of the last month.

Eric OM:

        I appreciate your detailed and very interesting observations in
response to my question. I received only 6 repiies -far fewer than expected-
4 were anecdotal experiences in the USA, 1 from Europe with some enticing
measurements, and one rather childish and totally uninformative response
from a W2.

       There is no significant data among the responses to sumarize for the
Esteemed Reflectees, at least yet. Hopefully your input will spur some more
experimental work and posting of results;  I am convinced from much personal
(but less scientific) experience that there are some decided advantages in
the use of "magnetic" radiators for certain applications, and a bit of
refinement will prove useful to the Topband op.

73 de Jim, KF7E
x: 5X1XX, 7Q7JH, ZM7AH, ad nauseum
Jim Henderson

jhenders@zianet.com