TopBand: CU all from Kure - K7K

Frank R. Smith ah0w@pop.primenet.com
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:37:15 -0700

DX Friends -

With less than a week before we all depart to Honolulu, Kauai and Midway
where we board the SS Midway for a short voyage to Kure, we've been asked to
issue one last summary of information.

The Midway-Kure DX Foundation with fellow teammembers Andy UA3AB, Kimo KH7U,
Yuji JA3IG/K1NT, Burt W0MY, Randy K0EU, Erik SM0AGD and Michael N9NS will be
QRV from Kure starting next Saturday, Sept. 26th for one week, operating 4 and
5, if needed, HF stations, 10 through 160 meters, CW, SSB and RTTY.

At this point we wish to announce a special callsign which has been issued
for use by this DXpedition:  K7K  (Kilo Seven Kilo).

Among the special priorities will be to satisfy "new one" demand in difficult
propagation areas, notably Europe and Africa, as well as special needs on new
bands and modes, especially the low bands.  For this reason we will have
double antenna capability on each band.

QSL manager is Bob Johnson, KE7LZ, 5627 West Hearn Road, Glendale, Arizona
85306-4213.

FREQUENCIES:

160     CW: 1823

80/75   CW: 3503        SSB: 3795

40      CW: 7003, 7023  SSB: 7080       RTTY: 7035, 7085

30      CW: 10,101

20      CW: 14,023      SSB: 14,195     RTTY: 14,085
                             14,245*

17      CW: 18,073      SSB: 18,125

15      CW: 21,023      SSB: 21,295      RTTY: 21,085

12      CW: 24,893      SSB: 24,945

10      CW: 28,003      SSB: 28,495

*On the last 2 days of the operation, we will operate on 14,245 to work General
class operators.

The team is ready to run and we're looking forward to many pleasant QSO's at
Kure Island.  Turn up the soup!

73/DX

Kimo Chun - KH7U                Frank Smith - AH0W/OH2LVG

         for the Midway-Kure DX Foundation

 -
 ---