TopBand: ZK1 on 160

Roger Graves rgraves@uvic.ca
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:29:57 +0000

> Date:          Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:15:57 -0400
> To:            topband@contesting.com
> From:          Greg Carter <kx4r@atl.mindspring.com>
> Subject:       TopBand: ZK1 on 160

> Hi Gang !
> Wonder if someone on the West Coast could ask
> the ZK1 boys to try 160 a bit earlier.  They were very
> strong this morning on 3505 but qsy'd at 1051Z to 40 mtrs.
>
> Think we may have had a shot around our s/r (1130z)
> or a little before if they'd gone to 160.
>
> Tnx for any help in relaying the message !
>
> 73 !
> Greg  KX4R   (Georgia)

Greg,
ZK1XXP was on 1822.5 simplex at 0925 (22 Sept). He was S4, q3-5 with QSB
in the static crashes at this QTH. Probably no propagation to other NA
locations as after my qso I heard them come back to a VE3 a VK then
CQ's with no takers. They were then on 80 cw at 0935 and no longer
heard on 160 at that time.  Signal on 80 was stupendous, S9 on meter
with noise not moving the meter.
Great operating technique, giving the call of the station worked a
2nd time before the "TU" really helps confirm that they have the call
correct.
73, Rod VE7FPT

 -
 ---