TopBand: Boring Beacon report - morning edition

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 08:27:19 -0700 (PDT)

Pretty Boring this morning.

UA0LDY/mm was up on 1831 - not sure of his QTH.

The CZM beacon on 1828 must be running out of batteries.  It
got the C out most of the time, but during the Z, it would often
reset and then start all over again.  The signal is much weaker
than before - so I am guessing the batteries are running out.

I hope they find it before it goes silent!

While listening on 1824 for VQ9SS, I heard another beacon - 3IG or
something like that - pretty weak.  I even heard someone send a
question mark at it.  No sign of VQ9SS, but I will be away from the
radio for the next morning or two, so Pres might get an opening.

The ZL beacon was either not on this morning, or conditions were
really poor.  Since no VK or JA signals were heard, it is possible
the band was in very poor shape.

You can check to see if you are in the ZK1 log at the following URL:
http://www.aurumtel.com/cooklog.html.  They have the Monday morning
logs up already.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com