TopBand: Pimping On 160

Jeffrey Maass jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 23:49:53 -0400 (EDT)

I must have missed something in the five or so years I've been off of
160M: since when do people run "list" operations, pimping for DX stations?

As I type this (0345Z), I'm listening to K1VW serve as "listmaster", trying to
get DF2PY to listen for N6TR and a variety of West Coast stations, including
the provision of "BK" after the Westies transmit.

This wasn't requested by DF2PY. He had high QRN, and couldn't hear any of
them. He knew which call to listen for, though, because K1VW sent it six
or seven times.

I guess this is a philosophical question: if so many of us look down our
noses at "list" operations on other bands, where the operator must be
"carried" in order to make a QSO, do we see some difference on 160?

73,

Jeff Maass       (jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio K8ND
      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
      25000 Members in 2000!

 -
 ---