TopBand: Pimping

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:13:40 -0700 (PDT)

Just saw the comments about pimping - and it was annoying last night.
It seemed whenever I called a European, someone would make a big deal
out of the fact that a west coast station was calling.  I remember one
time when DF2PY was on a QSB peak, but someone was too busy telling
him to stand by for the west coast - and when he finally did, the QSB
had gone the other way.

Best to either QRX for a few minutes (if you have already worked
the station in the last couple of weeks) or just make a FAST QSO
and get on with it.

If you want to do something, just say W6/W7 is calling and that is
all.  Don't mention callsigns - just encourage the station to
listen for us.

We can do without the "BK" sent after each transmission.  Surfing
the QSB means we won't always hear the station come back the
first time - but experienced operators know this and will try
again.

Hopefully enough has been said.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com