TopBand: ZK1 Still there ?

Jim Henderson jhenders@tdrss.wsc.nasa.gov
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 18:51:29 -0600

At 07:34 PM 9/25/97 -0400, K7OX wrote:
>I have to leave for work by 1200 hours so haven't been able to catch the ZK1
>but off tomorrow

Gary Old Man:

    You look just awful! You'd best sit down. I think you are coming down
with an acute form of Lowband Fever, strain Penryhn Atollitis. Be careful;
this is an insidious, rare, and mainly tropical disease known to occur in
short epidemics peaking every 11 years, clustering in the months of reduced
sunshine. Symptoms include episodes of loud rushing sounds in the ears,
irritability and extreme insomnia, selective hearing, hoarseness and/or
rhythmic palsies of the thumb and first fingers, and frequently a state of
increasing depression followed characteristically by euphoria terminated in
an episode of sudden shouting.

        The prognosis is generally good. Though debilitating to the
patient, this disease is rarely fatal, and is not a danger to the public
unless within earshot. It is usually self limiting, but should the normal
end stage of euphoria not be reached, the patient may be expected to
continue the increasing depression phase at least until exposure to the
another strain during the next epidemic. For the unlucky few, it may
continue thru multiple epidemics, possibly into the next 11-year disease
cycle.

        Perhaps you should stay home a few days and get over it....

        Warm regards,

                         Dr. Ion Condixrbetter, MD, PhDXCC

posted for the good Doctor by
Jim, KF7E