TopBand: AM conditions

John Mitchell jbmitch@vt.edu
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:33:53 -0400

At 07:23 AM 9/26/97 -0600, Larry Menzel wrote:
>Listers.
>
>ZK1XXP was very strong..

Yes, figured I'd better drag myself out of bed today.  They were very weak
until about 1115Z when began to get a sunrise boost here in mtns of VA.
They actually picked up from S-2 to S-7 by 1120Z when I heard them come back
to K7SV, who I believe is close by, so I zero'ed SV and got him next call.
They stayed S-5 or better for another 10 minutes, then rapidly bit the dust.

Checked the OH2BUA cluster and found spots on 3797 and 7020, so a little
later they were in the log on three bands.  Not a bad morning!  Now to get
the tower up and put some more beverages out...

73, John
K4IQ

 -
 ---