TopBand: K7K using "Mondo Condo"

Robert Kile midnite2@concentric.net
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 07:06:01 -0700

Reflectees,

I putted around topband listening for EU until 0500. Set transceiver to
1822 and wandered off to bed with IR headphones. I woke shortly after
0900 a caught S-meter taking S-7 to S-9 swings out of the corner of my
eye. Turned on the headphones and there was K7K calling CQ up 7. They
had a fabulous signal. The East Coast was bombing in as well. The W4's
were weak but VE1ZZ was as strong as K7K! Worked Kure at 0910 and
listened to the pile which was quite significant by 160 standards. It
may take several days to work them all! With that in mind went off to
bed to get up at 1230Z. Nothing on the band. No JA's in window, just
healthy band noise.

This added a new one to my list, as increased country total and for this
QTH. It also was the first time in 15 years I worked a new one with
100W, let alone a 28 ft vertical! Yep these guys are all right....

73

Bob, KG7D Las Vegas

 -
 ---