TopBand: ZL3GQ

Larry Higgins n9dx@michiana.org
Thu, 02 Apr 1998 17:09:37 -0500

My recollection of Peter is almost identical to W8UVZ.  He was also my
first ZL, in the ARRL DX contest in 1953, on 80 meters.  I was also running
about 25 watts, to a crystal controlled modified command set.  And when
about 40 years later I met him and recalled that earlier QSO, when he got
back home he checked his QSL file and found mine from long ago and sent it
back to me.  It's now the earliest of my own QSLs in my file, and will
always remind me of a great DXer, a great topband op, and a great human
being.

Peter, we will miss you.