TopBand: H40AA on the two Low Bands

Bill Tippett btippett@CTC.Net
Sun, 05 Apr 1998 07:41:57 -0500 (EST)

        Aki has been on 160 the past three days but with a very weak signal.
I heard him the first time today and he peaked about 449 here for only
2 minutes just about 5 minutes before my sunrise.  Fortunately he was
sending slowly (20 WPM) and I was able to copy him on a very quiet band
with the usual QSB.

        I think he might be running without amplifier based on his signal
compared to FW2EH and 3D2WC.  Perhaps they are short of amplifiers or maybe
he doesn't yet have the antenna fully set up yet.  Hopefully they will
allow him to begin in earnest tomorrow.  I think another team is due later
this week and maybe they will bring more amplifiers if that is the problem
with his signal on 160.  I understand W6OSP will take over 160 from Aki
when he arrives.

                                        73 & GL to all,

                                        Bill  W4ZV