TopBand: Rotuma

Dave_K9NX n7ex@athenet.net
Tue, 07 Apr 1998 12:08:51 +0100

At 07:31 AM 4/7/98 -0400, km1h @ juno.com wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Apr 1998 18:42:10 EDT K8MFO <K8MFO@aol.com> writes:
>>I just worked 3D2CB/R on 12 meter CW, and told him to thank 3D2WC for
>>the Top
>>Band QSO this morning.   He said both he and WC were pleased that they
>>were
>>able to make some QSOs this morning.
>>
>>He asked me to relay the info that they will again be on 1828 tomorrow
>>in the
>>same time frame.
>

>That was a poor frequency this morning.  Right in the middle of the H40AA
> (who was on 1826.5)  pileup.
>It would help if someone would let them know about the QRM and they might
>try 1831 or so.
>
>Tnx  Carl  KM1H

The op  at H40AA figured it out pretty quickly and changed his QSX to 1833.
I suspect that 3D2WC was pretty loud at H40.

Two new ones in log for me and well worth the 3 hours sleep and 4 hours of
waiting. As it turned out both stations had a pretty classic peak at my
sunrise here in NE Wisconsin at 11:20Z.

Dave
K9NX

The bad news is "Life is hard".....
The good news is "Life is short"....
the moral is "eat dessert first, and chase  DX every chance you get"