TopBand: CW segment

Dave_K9NX n7ex@athenet.net
Tue, 07 Apr 1998 12:24:28 +0100

At 08:04 AM 4/7/98 +0000, Tom Rauch wrote:
>I think it's about time we all got together and asked for a CW
>segment. That would at least eliminate the SSB ops who QRM DX.
>
>Did anything ever happen out of the last push? I asked the SE
>director, and he said it was a good idea. But I never heard anything
>else.
>73, Tom W8JI
>w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com

Tom

The last time this went around as I recall over 70% of the respondents
replied that they favor a dedicated CW sub band for 160M. Of course there
was some debate about where the upper end should be but most folks could
live with 1840 or 1850 as i recall. After that it died as no one was able
to generate enough interest in Washington or Newington I guess.

I'm reminded of a little ditty from a 60's folk/protest song that went
something like this:

Should you write your congressman?? (Insert appropriate elected ARRL title
here if you so desire)
Each congressman has two ends
A thinking end and a sitting end.
Since his whole career depends upon his "seat" ......
Why bother friend.

Hope this last little bit of humor doesn't irritate ZV to the point of
getting me de-listed ~8^)

On a happier note 3D2/R and H40 are in the log for 2 new ones at my sunrise
today.

Flame suit on !
Dave
K9NX