TopBand: H40AA in VE7 and polarization

Garry & Yelena ni6t@best.com
Tue, 07 Apr 1998 23:37:44 -0700

Rod:

I, in fact, had much the same conversation with N7NG and W6OSP before
the H40 DXpedition. In response, and due to the supposed existence of a
very tall tower on that island, W6OSP planned to bring with him an
inverted vee cut for topband. Bruce is supposed to be there today and,
if it is possible to mount that inverted vee at sufficient height, it is
planned to try it.

As I am one of those who has found H40AA extremely difficult on
topband--extremely short copiable peaks separated by excrutiating
periods of absolutely nothing, and as one who can bear no further
sleeplessness, I hope that it will indeed be tried.

Garry, NI6T

--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
160 meters: not a band, but an obsession