TopBand: CW SUB-BANDS

RADIO WL7WO wl7wo@hotmail.com
Thu, 09 Apr 1998 03:24:33 PDT

Not to inflame anybody but ever since the evolvement of the 160 band
from days of LORAN SYSTEM till l998 people have been crying for a cw
only segment.One of first fcc petitions was from w8ji(think wa8iji
then).I myself composed a novice fcc petition on the subject a few years
later.It seems most discover how superior cw can be for 160 dxing and
the terrible qrm ssb can cause nevertheless the difficulty in
understanding the ssb with weak signal work.TO ADD to the "heat" many
ssb operators just do not care about qrm..they dont operate cw so??Some
people get mad at me for my enjoyment of just working new or different
160 dx vs.just new countries and the QRM although all in cw mode.The
bottom line on cw-ssb issue is the fcc is never going to segment the
band by any petition...if they did it would have to come from a major
source such as arrl.MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN THE ARRL IS SIMPLY NOT
INTERESTED!!!SUGGESTION:DX DO MORE QSX!qsx 1804.qsx 1957.qsx 1865.qsx
1995,etc.--or other way around.What dxpedition is now qsx 1824 both
cw-ssb?Ya know--the dx pileups and qrm some dont need the dx as new but
its qrm.Well--h40?New dxcc throw away all your 50 years of work in
deleted countries can??....gary mitchell-wL7wo(sometimes active and
sometmes inactive and sometimes a qrp signal and sometimes the
biggest--qrpp...