TopBand: Navassa Island DXpedition

Dan Flaig, K8RF k8rf@fuse.net
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 21:10:54 +0100

RE: Navassa Island DXpedition announcement

Well this is a little premature, we have "Verbal" permission to land on
Navassa from the Interior Dept. and are waiting on the paperwork to be
processed and returned granting written landing authorization. We have
been told all paperwork will processed in about a week.

The Web page address wasn't to be released until formal announcement,
which WAS going to be at the Dayton Hamvention.....  The WEB page was
for team member planning only, and only has some preliminary planning
information. Please don't waste you time checking it out until I get it
updated, and I just switched my computer over to windows 95 from Win 3.1
and I can't seem to get new files uploaded to server to update Web
page.(Hi!)
So please give me a few days to get Web page set up, I will announce
when to the reflector ASAP
However the cat is now out of the bag:

N1V - NAVASSA ISLAND DXPEDITION 1998

This will be the first time Navassa has been on since 1993.

Team members include:
K8RF Dan
WA4DAN Murray
AA4NC Will
AA4VK Ken
WA9S Ken
W9EFL Noel

Two to three additional  experienced operators will be announced later,
probably at Dayton.
.
This will be an all mode / all band operation running four stations 24
hours a day for ten days.
Two separate station locations we be set up, enabling CW and SSB (or
RTTY) operation at the same time.
We will operate CW/SSB/RTTY on 160 through 6 Meters

A major emphasis will be 160 and 80 meters, particularly toward areas of
the world with difficult propagation.
Beverage receiving antennas will be run in various directions.

The dates for this operation will be announced at the Dayton Hamvention.

More details will be released as soon as available!!

73
Dan K8RF
N1V Navassa Island 1998