TopBand: vk7/propagation

Stan Seiffert stans@netos.com
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 14:11:02 -0700

For those who like to operate 160M as well theorize during the summer, I just received a very colorful piece of wall paper.  The Tasmanian "Devil" Award for working 5 (for North Americans) VK7's is one of several dx awards you can chase on 160 during the summer.
BTW I notice that the improved performance with horizontal antennas at and after sunrise to VK is more noticeable here on days when signals are quite good on both vertical and horizontal antennas at sunrise..When signals are poor or the path is longer (VK6, FT5, UN5, etc)  the vertical seems to work best.

Stan  W7AWA