TopBand: 8Q7

Bill Tippett btippett@CTC.Net
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 07:30:57 -0400 (EDT)

At 11:31 8/27/98 +0900, you wrote:
>Bill
>
>Thank you for your advice.
>I have checked my CONDX TIME TABLE and your mentioned time
>has been already MARKED.
>I hope to work many stations those who needs 8Q7 on TOP BAND.

FB Nob-San!

        The best propagation times to North America will be as follows:

2230-0130  East and Midwest NA beginning at our local sunset (VE1ZZ sunset is
2225 on Sept 16).  Propagation is theoretically possible all the way to W5
and W0, but will most likely be limited to more Eastern stations (W1-4,8,9).
There will probably be two propagation peaks...the first at local NA sunset
which changes geographically as the sun's terminator moves West...the second
at your local sunrise in 8Q7 around 0100.

1300-1400  Western NA (W6-7) beginning at your local sunrise around 1300.  This
will last until local sunrise in W7 and VE7 around 1400.  This path is not as
common as the NA sunset opening, but it is possible.  I contacted JJ1VKL/4S7
from W0 in Colorado on March 10, 1992 at 1314 UTC with 599 signals both ways
via short path.  Several other stations farther west contacted him also (W7TVF
in Nevada among others).  That was very near the Spring Equinox (March 21) and
I expect the same conditions for the Fall Equinox period (September 21) which
falls within your visit from September 15-23.

Your team has chosen an excellent time for propagation from Zone 22 and I'm
sure many will be looking for you.  Good luck!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV