TopBand: Mary Lou Brown, NM7N, SK

Nick watchman@tig.com.au
Fri, 04 Dec 1998 17:53:33 +1100

I've just learned that Mary Lou Brown, NM7N, has passed away.
She was on her way home after her participation in the Lord
Howe (VK9LX) activities.

Although I knew Mary Lou for only a few days, it was very clear
to me and to the other Lord Howe operators that she was an
exceptional person. She eagerly participated in setting up
antennas and radio equipment, and carried her own weight during
her on-air times.

Mary Lou was always positive; she was never discouraged by any
of the antenna/equipment problems that we experienced but
instead actively participated in the solutions to the problems.
Mary Lou gets a lot of credit for helping the rest of us get
a great lot of enjoyment out of our trip. She was undoubtedly
the most liked person on the DXpedition.

I am very sorry to learn that it was her last.

Nick Hacko VK2ICV